The application to be submitted (short and informal) should have a length of approx. 1-2 pages and briefly outline the following points:
- Brief description of the HPC resources of the respective university or college as well as a brief overview of its main user groups and topics.
- Planned concept for the long-term establishment of a contact person:
- Where is the contact person located?
- Does the position have a long-term perspective?
- Is it possible to build on existing activities?
- Are there already thematic focal points that the contact person should/can cover?
- It is particularly important that the contact persons are familiar with current HPC techniques. It is therefore expected that at least basic courses from relevant subject areas are attended (see https://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/).
- If a contact person is already available: short statement of the basic knowledge he/she has or which HPC courses he/she has already attended.
- If the HPC know-how is to be built up or expanded: short outline of which courses are considered relevant for the institution.
The applications will be reviewed by the KONWIHR Board of Directors.