It is our pleasure to announce a retake of the successful short course “Advanced C++ with Focus on Software Engineering” at RRZE in Erlangen.
This advanced C++ training is a course on object-oriented (OO) software design with the C++ programming language. The focus of the training are the essential OO and C++ software development principles, concepts, idioms, and best practices, which enable programmers to create professional, high-quality code. The course will not address special areas and applications of C++, such as for instance Template Meta Programming (TMP), or the quirks and curiosities of the C++ language. It rather teaches guidelines to develop mature, robust, C++ and maintainable C++ code.
After the course, the participants
- will have a detailed understanding of the essential OO design principles
- will have gained knowledge about fundamental C++ programming concepts and idioms
- will be able to properly design classes and class interfaces
- will know about the importance of exception safe programming
- will avoid the usual pitfalls in the context of inheritance
- will comprehend the advantages of non-intrusive design
- will understand the virtue of clean code
Date: March 18-20, 2020, 09:00-17:00
Place: FAU Department of Computer Science, Martensstr. 3, 91058 Erlangen
Teacher: Dr. Klaus Iglberger
The course is supported by KONWIHR. Participation is free of charge. Further information and registration is available here.